Sunday 17 June 2012

Meet the Nephilims

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't gone off playing 40k in recent months. I think I got a bit disenchanted with the idea that certain armies were just considered unplayable and other armies had a whole load of cool figures that you'd be considered mad for fielding. Power gaming and math-hammer seem to be the priority over just playing what is, ultimately, a board game with friends. If you're supposed to look up the best lists on the internet it's no longer much of a game.

So, I thought I'd diversify. I've tried before but few people see to want to play much besides 40k and fantasy so it doesn't get far. However, we have a small, but growing, group of Malifaux players at the club now and they were more than happy to run a couple of demo games. I must admit I was hooked by the insanity of it all.

So, one thing leads to another and I decided to start out with a Lilith crew, the first painted figures being a full set of Nephilim.



Still lots to paint, but it's certainly faster than starting a 40k army. And cheaper.

Nephilim are nice and simple to play with too so I'd suggest them to anyone just starting out. The other crews can seem very powerful with their ranged shots and peculiar spells, but they all fear the Nephilim getting too close. I've had them take a right battering before finally getting in to range and just eating through another crew.

But what I really want is to field Teddy!

Anyway...think I might try Infinity next. I love a bit of terrain, and infinity gives me the chance to build some! Apparently it needs loads. One of the guys at the club is planning to run a game some time soon, so I guess that'll be more figures needing painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment