Sunday 17 June 2012

Imperial Fist Librarian

After much failure using Lysander as a general I eventually decided to try a librarian. Apparently a librarian is always a good idea to have around anyway.


Most of all though I really like the model. It's probably the most time I've spent on a paint job so far, and the first time I've actually tried to stick to the techniques described by much better painters than me. Overall I'm very happy with how he turned out.

"Hang on, I'm not the one with the hammer and big-ass shield here!"

4 comments:

  1. That's some excellent looking painting, very nice photography as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife did me a favour actually - she recently 'suggested' that the bulk of my hobby materials be relocated to the loft! Turns out that it gives me the space and freedom to set everything out and not get moaned at, including the camera and tripod which hasn't seen regular usage for a long time. My equivalent of a shed I suppose!

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an amicable solution. Im pretty sure my wife would like to see my hobby stuff relocated to the bin, I currently have various items spread across about four different rooms I think.

    (I found your blog from your signature on the York Garrison website by the way, just in case you were worried you had a stalker)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. No, I sort of assumed you were Garrison.

    My kit was spread across several rooms and storage areas for 'easy access' by me. Tuns out it's not that easy if you can't remember what was where, so ultimately she did me a real favour by pointing that out. I still keep all the basic paints and brushes downstairs so I can at least be part of the family while I'm doing that!

    ReplyDelete