Sunday 1 July 2012

Chaos Decimator Daemon Engine - Part 2

Well the rusting, flaking paint job kind of worked. I think it may not of helped that it didn't show up as well as it might underneath the main colour I ended up applying. Yes, I did go with purple. Partly because I couldn't think of a better idea for my Chaos colour scheme. Red and black is so last year.



There he is, standing in front of a nicely maintained office block. Just the sort of place you'd expect to see a chaos daemon at 9:00 in the morning I guess. Even a daemon has to pull in the money between rampages, and when some git has chained you in to the back of a massive chunk of armoured metal you don't have much choice on how you get to work. I guess it's important to work somewhere with a relaxed dress-code. By the way, that's a lovely Sarissa terrain piece if you're ever interested in one.

 I'm quite happy with how the chaos insignia worked out in a contrasting green. I managed to get a bit of a glow when viewed at table distance. I think these shots are a bit close, highlighting my brush-stroke errors.


The Cabling was actually quite nice to paint, though I really did start to wonder when I was ever going to get to the end of it after the first couple of hours.


Overall the model quality is good. I certainly wouldn't say perfect as there are a few casting issues that you will be able to see on the images in this post. I admit a couple could have been resolved with a bit more filing, but some are instances where the mould just seems to be a little out of true. You can get away with it on a chaos machine, but I think I'd have been a little upset if it was one of my contemptor dreadnoughts.


In summary it's a very nice, if slightly detail heavy, model. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone not wanting to paint all of the pipes, cables, chains and iconography that it's completely covered in! Unlike the contemptor pattern dreads, I'll probably be sticking with one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment