Saturday 10 May 2014

Mechanicum Thallax Unit

I've always wanted to create a Mechanicum force. In the back of my mind I imagined it would be scratch built and modified models running as space marines, probably with contemptors since I always thought they'd make nice Legio Cybernetica constructs. That's why my first two got painted red. 

So when GW finally created an Army List in their expensive set of Horus Heresy books it was time to eBay the Imperial Fists, buy the books (because they're so pretty!) and take the plunge. The start point arrived earlier this week. 


I have to admit that, sadly, it's far better than anything I could have created. But also it fits with what I had in mind. I'm looking forward to painting them up, if not actually playing a game with them. I'll lose. I always do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment