Sunday 4 September 2011

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought Episode 2


Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought. Now in red!

I've pretty much put all other gaming projects aside now to paint the Contemptor Dread. I might even have given up on the Dwarfs altogether, but that's another story! It seemed a bit of a shame to just leave the dread in a drawer when it's such a nice model. So over the last couple of days I had a go at doing a half-decent job. Combined with that I'd picked up sets 1 and 3 of the Vallejo pigments and I was desperate to ruin a model as soon as possible. I realise that's a bit of a conflict, wanting to do a decent job and deliberately trying something new on it, but that's just the way I roll...



I'm particularly happy with the base! I have no idea what that stuff is oozing out of the pipe, and I guess it doesn't really matter. The pigments are actually great fun to use. I think it fits nicely with my desire to make things look like they have actually been in a fight. I wanted this guy to look like he'd kicked and punched a few walls on the way to the front. The oil and rust effects look a little better from a distance, but I think he looks used, yet carefully maintained between scraps!



This could be the start of a Legio Cybernetica force, I just haven't worked out the fluff yet. Plus they don't have robots in 40k any more, which is a bit crap!

All in all I'm quite happy with him, and since Forgeworld released a bunch of extra weapons for them just recently I can see myself picking up one or two more. I think I'll call them Babydoll, Sweet Pea and Rocket...

No comments:

Post a Comment