Saturday 6 August 2011

Dreadnoughts and Drop-Pods

I did briefly consider the rather costly dread drop pod from Forgeworld, I even added it to my basket on the site. Then I saw that were still going to charge me a stupid amount of money for delivery. I find it offensive that they just slap a percentage of the item cost on for postage. The price they wanted to charge would have covered the cost of lead rather than very light resin. Anyway, I came to my senses and spent the weekend making a cut-out-and-keep version from a plan I found on the internet!


Does the job nicely I think, plus it's a lot cheaper. Having said that, if I was charging an hourly rate for making it the cost would be considerably higher than the Forgeworld version! The original plan was to make several, but I don't know if I'll go that far. It didn't help that I wanted to improve the original design which was never intended to open or actually hold a dreadnought.



Check that out! BS5 multi-melta dropping next to your big thing on turn one! So far it's proved quite effective, though I admit to regularly rolling 1 on the vehicle damage table.

Then at the back of the field we have the poor cousin of the venerable dread...





The TL autocannons are taken straight from the Aegis Defence Line set and the only conversion is the addition of magnets so they fit on the already magnetised dreadnought body.

No comments:

Post a Comment